Thank you for purchasing online with Chamberlain, the leading provider across Australia of garage door openers and accessories (including Chamberlain and Merlin branded products). Please read the following carefully to ensure that you are fully aware of your rights under our policy and our obligations to you. Our policy is in addition to and does not affect the rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
When you change your mind
Your satisfaction is important to us. If you change your mind about your online purchase and return the product to us in saleable condition (preferably in its unopened packaging) with original proof of purchase (such as your online tax invoice or other financial record) within sixty (60) days of purchase, Chamberlain will fully refund the purchase price. The following conditions also apply:
- Any refund will be provided in the same form as your original payment method.
- Orders over AUD $450 + GST cannot be refunded back to the credit card used. You will be required to provide your BSB and Bank details so that we can make a full refund to your nominated bank account.
- A postage paid returns label is provided with accessory purchases only so that it is easy for you to return items. Simply pack the products to be returned (at your cost unless product is found to be faulty) and post to us at the address indicated on the label (as also indicated below).
- The return of a garage door opener due to you changing your mind will be at the purchaser’s cost. Contact the customer service team who will guide you through the process.
- You must also return any “Bonus Offers” included with the original purchase.
- Credit for returns will be issued once we confirm receipt of the merchandise (or receipt of the merchandise by our postal services provider, if the product is for some reason lost in post). Please be aware that refunds may take between 3 to 7 business days to process (and allow up to 30 days for it to be processed by your financial institution).
Chamberlain is committed to manufacturing and supplying high quality goods, and to complying with our legal obligations.
If you are concerned that the product is:
- faulty, not of acceptable quality or unsafe;
- not fit for its intended purpose; or
- differs from a sample shown, or our description;
please return the product with original packaging, proof of purchase, and brief details of problem description, using the above returns procedure.
Our service centre will assess the product to determine the nature of the problem, and if it is a major problem (such as the product is unsafe), we will provide you with a refund or replacement. If it is a minor problem, we will repair the item within a reasonable time, or provide a refund if repair or replacement is not feasible. We will pay for return costs if the product has a major or minor problem. We reserve the right not to offer an exchange voucher, refund or repair where the item fault is a result of misuse or neglect.
Chamberlain Limited Warranty
As the original purchaser, you may also have rights under our Chamberlain Limited Warranty which provides benefits to you, the original purchaser, in addition to any rights or remedies you may have under the Australian Consumer Law. Please let us have details of your exclusive warranty registration.
For further information, please contact us on 1800 665 428 for assistance.
(PO BOX 1446, Lane Cove NSW 1595)
Phone: +61 2 9424 2600 (toll free: 1800 665 428)
Email: [email protected]
Last updated: May 2023