- Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does the warranty last?
The warranty will vary depending upon the product purchased. This can be a 3 or 5 year warranty. This information can be found within the corresponding product section.
2. How often should my garage door opener be serviced?
We recommend that you check your garage door opener every two years. Once you activate your warranty after purchasing a Chamberlain opener, you should receive service reminders when your garage door opener is due for service. Should you require servicing or to check if your garage door opener needs to be serviced, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 665 438.
3. How do you program remotes?
Most of our remotes in the Accessories section of this website will have downloadable instruction manuals and/or videos on how to program them. Check the relevant product page or otherwise feel free to contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 665 438.
4. What is a learn button and where is it?
A learn button is the button that is on the actual garage door unit. When the garage door is installed, it is used to program your remotes and the different levels of tolerance levels (how high or low the door goes). You may also need to program your remotes using the learn button after a power outage.
5. What remotes are compatible with my Chamberlain garage door opener?
6. Do I need a professional to help install my garage door opener?
No! Chamberlain products are made for easy DIY installation.
7. Do I need an extra set of hands?
Enlisting an extra set of hands is always a good idea, but installation doesn’t have to be a two person job.
8. How long will it take to complete?
Installing a Chamberlain garage door opener should take you approximately two hours.
9. What tools will I need to install my new Chamberlain Garage Door opener?
You will need the following tools to install your new garage door opener:
3. Socket wrench
4. Phillips head screwdriver
5. Tape measure
8. Power drill